Introducing Honda Marine’s new iST Intelligent Shift & Throttle
Introducing the new Honda Intelligent Shift and Throttle (iST). Superb control and easy installation are hallmarks of Honda’s new command and control system.
iST provides all the features boaters are looking for, including:
- Control of up to 4 engines and 2 control stations
- Effortless shift and throttle control
- Fine tuning of throttle settings at any speed
- Enhanced docking and slow speed control
- User-programmable system defaults
- Simple, easy to understand user interface
For multi-engine installations, the system provides one switch trim control on the throttle handle, trimming all engines simultaneously. Individual trim switches allow for fine tuning each engine’s trim position. The system also provides engine speed synchronization, and single handle control of all engines while synchronized.
Honda has also made iST easy to install. No programming or special tools - just connect one communication cable between the engine and the helm mounted control head, and you’re done. Adding a second station can be done just as easily. Simply install the second control head and connect cable to the existing system.
- Plug and play, requires no programming or special tools to install
- Stylish modern binnacle control box
- Compact, under the cowl design
- Up to four engine installations
- Near effortless shifting under all conditions
- Intelligent engine RPM synchronization with one handle throttle control
- Master trim control on throttle handle, individual trim controls on head unit
- for dual engines, and auxiliary panel for triple and quads
- "Slow"" mode for increased throttle control while maneuvering at slow speeds, such as around the dock or a crowded marina
- "Trolling"" mode for incremental RPM adjustments at any speed
- Easy helm control transfer up to two stations