4-Front Corrosion Protection
Honda’s 4-Front Corrosion Protection System fights off corrosion from harsh
marine environments. This patented double-sealed, multi-layer paint process
uses 4 different layers to protect the engine.
- The base is a corrosion-resistant Honda aluminum alloy, followed by a double-sealed
- An epoxy primer undercoat is applied.
- An acrylic resin metallic coating is baked on.
- A clear overcoat of acrylic finishes the process.
Honda engines have several other features designed to help protect them from the
harsh marine environment:
- Sacrificial anodes protect the engine from galvanic corrosion.
- All fasteners and hardware are either stainless steel or a specially treated Dacro
- All wiring connectors are sealed to prevent water intrusion.
- Fresh water flush ports on select models allow you to flush the engine with a garden